my story

9.26.2010

the beginning.

I have now been at BYU for one month.  It has been a huge adjustment with big ups and downs, lost of stress, permanently chapped lips, absolutely no sleep, and so much fun.  I figured since I am having such an amazing time I should probably document in some way my day to day happenings, my thoughts, my friends, and the crazy things that go down at my little home in Provo.  I have always been a failure at journal writing, so with a little encourgement from my favorite girls down the hall Mellie and Leanord [aka Melissa & Eleanor] I decided a blog would be the thing to do.  So I apologize to my future children, you will never know what went down in Mom's first month of college, but from here on I will try to be a somewhat dedicated blogger ... we'll see how it goes.  So to start:

My Top 25 Favorite Things about BE WHY YOU So Far

Living in the dorms -- fulltime slumber party
$2 french toast and orange juice at the creamery every night at 10
The creamery ice cream, and food, and just the creamery in general
Spontaneous heart to hearts with Eleanor in the bathroom at ridiculously late hours of the night
The view from the Y parking lot at night
People-watching outside the library, and in the Cannon, and really anywhere
My twin roommate, Sarah who is also studying Nursing, is the oldest, has pretty much the same hairstyle as me, and matching dorm decorations ... none of this was planned
10 people and a gorilla, in a truck, spotlighting couples at night making out in cars
Spoon it Up frozen yogurt
Whining about school at 2:30 in the morning with Sarah ... nightly
Switching the radio stations and naming what memory the songs reminds you of
Football games with the funniest guys I have ever met
50 piece chicken nuggets ... kind of
Getting packages in the mail (hint, hint)
My student ward, so in love, it is amazing to be taught such powerful things by people my own age
The texts I receive from Megan Richardson
My Book of Mormon teacher Brother Parker, so insightful and so hilarious
The dances every weekend that are kind of annoying and make you feel like you are at EFY again
Late night frosty runs and talks that go on for hours without realizing how long we've just been sitting
My Dining Plus Meal Plan
The quote door
Crashing a random girl's Sweet 16
Being here with my best friend who knows me better than anyone and can give me blessings
Capn Crunch's Crunch Berries cereal for Sunday dinner, but not so much Sunday toilet paper famines
Never knowing what you could end up doing during a day, but always having fun
Also ... here is the ridiculous picture I took for dad on the first day of class with my computer.  Enjoy.
(Ps. My bed is to the right, not really visible)

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

I've never loved a blog post so much. This is so good and I'm so excited to follow you loveyyyy:)

dbsbamj said...

You make a mother proud--blogging and loving Book of Mormon!

dbsbamj said...

is your room really that small... like mine! julia