my story

9.30.2010

do you like byu? ...... dang straight!

Okay, so today I had very successful trips to Nordy's Rack, Pei Wei, and Old Navy.  Sounding like a pretty good day to me, but after all that Chad and I hit up the RAH center.  Recreation and Habilitation services is a non-profit organization in Provo that serves a pretty big community of individuals with disabilities.  We went on a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood with THE funnest people just talking to them the whole time.  Chad always says "they have a straight shot to the celestial kingdom" and its totally true.  I love hanging out with them, they're so humble and happy with not a care in the world ... except maybe they struggle a little with their boyfriends and girlfriends, but don't we all.

Our first friends, David & Tami are dating ... precious, and Craig on the end was just ridiculous
Our group throughout the walk, Gary -- seriously THE funniest guy alive, Kristine was way sweet, and Sandy was so feisty



David may or may not have tried to grab my leg right before this picture ...........
Our RAH shirts, cute.
 All of the sweet participants on the walk.  They got to choose prizes after for money they had raised, and Mom -- it was probably more exciting than the awards ceremony at the Special Olympics!
Chad and Craig!
... not pictured the girl that kept smacking Chad's butt.  So hilarious.

QUOTES FROM THE WALK:
"I'm not ready for a boyfriend right now.  They're a pain in the butt." -Sandy

"Do you like BYU? -Chad
"..........DANG STRAIGHT!" -Gary
"How do you feel about Utah?" -Chad
"KILL those Utes." -Gary

"You know who's a REAL fruitcake ... Sandy's ex!" -Gary

"BYU better win tomorrow or I'm going to kick someone's butt!" -Sandy
"No butts about that..." -Gary

"Hey Gary what are you going to be for Halloween?" -Me
"That's a military secret ....." -Gary

"If I didn't have this CD player and a water bottle I'd kick your butt ..... in a foot race of course." -Scott

  Needless to say this was seriously way better than all the other stuff, even though I got some nice deals and cute clothes ... So much love for these people.
Ps. I know the spacing is messed up I've been trying to fix it for almost an hour and I give up.

2 comments:

dbsbamj said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there for this one! Sound like a perfect day. Isabel says Hi!

Passey grandparents said...

Sarah, I just discovered your blog, and I love it. This posting especially made me so proud of you. I'm so glad you're having such great experiences at BYU. Love you much!!! Grandma Betty xoxoxoxox