Okay, first of all, I slept for 12 hours on Friday night, and I just needed to tell everyone that because usually I only sleep for 5ish ... and it was just amazing and I woke up so happy :) Oh the things sleep does for me. Second of all, SHOUT OUT TO MY COUGARS!! Finally broke our losing streak Saturday, heaven only knows how but who cares. Proud of my boys.
Alright now the real post ... Friday morning bright and early Brennan and I drove up to Salt Lake for his lasik eye surgery. I can't wait for the day I finally get to do this, but after watching the whole procedure it kind of freaked me out. I know you can't feel anything, and I'll still FOR SURE get it done ASAP but still ... here are some pictures:
Alright now the real post ... Friday morning bright and early Brennan and I drove up to Salt Lake for his lasik eye surgery. I can't wait for the day I finally get to do this, but after watching the whole procedure it kind of freaked me out. I know you can't feel anything, and I'll still FOR SURE get it done ASAP but still ... here are some pictures:
There was another surgeon who sat in the waiting room with me and explained everything as it was going on so the pictures make a lot more sense to me. But basically they numbed his eyes, cut the top flap open with that nasty pick looking thing and folded it over, lasered the under part of the eyeball, and then folded the flap back. The whole thing took about 20 minutes! So other than a little hematoma action as seen by the second to last picture and a huge one we discovered in his other eye, B is doing well and can see! He just gets to wear those cute bug eyes and some biker sunglasses ............. I apologize to everyone who is disgusted by this, but the little nurse in me thought it was way cool so I had to post about our exciting Friday!






2 comments:
i shouldnt have read this..
Wow, Sarah - that's fascinating. Hope Brennan is okay. You really are in the right profession, nurse!
LOVE the blog!
Post a Comment