Hey this is Chad, I was given the opportunity by my beautiful fiancée to write a blog post for the followers about our proposal. I figured before I talk about the proposal maybe I should tell y'all a little bit about how we met.
So it all started when Sarah lived in the same ward as my sister, Ambyr. They both lived in the Denton, Texas 2nd ward and Ambyr happened to be one of the young women leaders at the same time that Sarah was there. I remember going to the ward one time to visit while my parents were out of town and I sat either in front or behind her and we met after class when Ambyr introduced us. I didn't really ever think twice about it [probably...most definitely a lie] and wasn't too worried considering I was 17 and she was 14...........At that time she was just some girl that Ambyr thought was awesome from her ward.
Fast forward about 4 years I had just been back from my mission for about 6 months and went to a BYU volleyball game with my friends the first week of Fall semester. As we were walking up the stairs I spotted a girl at the top of Smith Field House stands that was looking pretty good. (white pants, blue flower shirt, and some silver sandals) I checked her out as I walked up the stairs and then when it came time to walk in front of her I just put my head down and walked past. But before I could pass her she stood up and stopped me and said "Hey! You're Ambyr's brother!" I had no idea who she was but right when she said that I realized that she must of been the girl from Denton. [Direct quote several weeks later, "Even if I wasn't Ambyr's brother I would have said, 'I'll be whatever you want me to be!!!!'"] (When she first stood up I was a little worried she was going to be one of those crazy girls that was going to ask why I was looking at her. This also shows how she Facebook stalked me for the two years I was on my mission because she still recognized me after four years! Really? and I later found out that she knew what my profile picture was while I was on my mission...) Anyways, to say the least I was a little pumped to know that the girl that I thought was gorgeous in the stands stood up to talk to me (never happens). We sat on the other side of the stands from them and I kept looking over at her, while she supposedly claims that she "had no idea where I was sitting." (As if she wasn't staring me down as I walked to my seat.) I texted my sister then and told her that I had just met Sarah and I guess she had done the same thing and said that we just met. Ambyr then told me that she had a boyfriend, but he had just broken up with her so that I needed to "treat her nicely" and to not "break her heart." Personally I was not too worried about it because I remembered how young she was and I was for sure not going to date a freshman when I got back from my mission! At that same time Sarah told Ambyr that she would only go on one date with me since I was a returned missionary and that was it! Well for some reason I went and talked to her after the game and I got her number and said that we should hang out sometime. I THINK I really only wanted her to hang out with our friends and stuff and since she was new at BYU I was going to just take her under my wing. haha okay maybe not.
![]() |
| that night at the game when I thought she left... |
That night we texted each other a few times and then the next day at the first football game I happened to run into her while she was aimlessly walking around the stadium looking for her seat. I told her that maybe I would try to go up to her seat and say hey and we texted a few times during the game back and forth, but I never went up to her seats. After that, she clearly just decided that she wanted nothing to do with me or maybe she thought I was just too good for her...HAHA no, not really. But I talked to her on Facebook a couple of times to just say hey, and then one night I decided that maybe I would tell her to meet me at one of the soccer games. I called her when I got to the game with my brother, but there just happened to conveniently not be any room for me to sit next to her. I told her that it was alright and to just meet me down at the bottom of the stands when the game was over. She came down, walked in front of me (about 3ft away) with two other guys and looked the other way and acted like I wasn't even there. [I had seen him get up and talk to someone else during the game in a completely different row and never saw him go back so I didn't even realize he was there. Also I wasn't just with 2 guys thank you...] I decided then that maybe I really shouldn't even talk to her anymore, so I didn't.
About two weeks later I walked out of a devotional and saw Lauren Cochran from my home stake and asked her where she was headed. She said that she was going to eat at the Cannon Center and asked if I wanted to go with her for some free food which I for sure did! While I was eating with her, Sarah saw Lauren (they somehow knew each other before) and came over to sit and eat with us. During that lunch, I somehow made a comment to Sarah about her also taking me to the cannon center the next day. Later that night I texted Sarah and said "Cannon tomorrow at 1?" So the next day we went to eat together and we were just arguing about funny stuff and cracking up the entire time for an hour and a half. I then forced her to go to the library with me where we didn't get anything done for about three more hours and we just laughed and joked around the entire time.
At the end of September we kissed the day that she met my parents. We said that we loved each other in November (she actually said it to me first because I was worried about the problems she was still having with the ex boyfriend. She still never lets that one go.) And since the first day that she took me to the Cannon, there have been maybe two or three days that we haven't seen each other. We love hanging out, and never get sick of each other. We are best friends and know everything about each other. I never thought I would find a girl with my same personality, but she is everything that I have ever wanted.
Okay well the actual proposal wasn't as good as originally planned but it worked either way I guess [besides my second 5 page paper of the day due by midnight that I didn't quite finish]! I told a bunch of lies to her and said that I had an appointment with my bishop when really I didn't. I told her to go out to my car to come pick me up and there was a note there for her that told her to go where we first met (the Smith Field House). She went there and one of her friends was waiting and told her to go where we first ate (the Cannon). After that she went to where we would always go and talk (Y Mountain), and then ended up where we first kissed (Kiwanis Park). I put my laptop there and had a video ready for her with pictures of us and the Taylor Swift "Enchanted" song. At the end the video it said "Sarah, will you marry me?" and I came out to ask her to marry me. My brother was there with one of our other friends, Dustin, so they got some pictures of it happening.
We still sometimes laugh about how we somehow found each other, but we love it. We just think of all of the little things that happened for us to somehow meet each other and end up together forever. We are now getting married in the Dallas Texas temple on August 19th for all eternity and there is no way that I could be any happier!!!

3 comments:
Tears! So sweet! What a beautiful story! I love Pass Daddy and Yard Dog together and can't wait to see pics of the beautiful day! Please move back to Texas ASAP!!!!
This is the second time I read this and it's just entirely too adorable. i just love yall :)
I'm just sitting in Astronomy blog stalking you guys and have had to hold back my laughs as to not interrupt the lecture, but this was completely adorable! I love your little story and you'll be so glad you wrote it all down. :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment