my story

1.26.2012

a and a

awkward:
--couldn't hear a single thing in my blood pressure lab.  tried three stethoscopes.  tried three people. tried the double head stethoscope so my instructor could listen with me. tried going really slow.  tried everything. then i got taken into another room so my ears could be checked out to make sure ear wax wasn't impeding my progression as a nurse. this was accompanied by "this is nothing to be embarrassed about, its totally natural." think again. what kind of nurse can't take blood pressure?
--"so sarah, what's your major?" hey awkward married man that i don't like sitting next to, notice i'm wearing scrubs with a patch that says BYU COLLEGE OF NURSING on my sleeve???...i'm an organ performance major...
--ripping my paper in half for a quiz, kid next to me already has his notebook out but then looks at me "umm so are we going to share? and i'll repay you next time?" married man strikes again. {this could be a 'had to be there' moment}
--overhearing an hour long extremely personal conversation that should never take place in a packed hallway
--falling asleep in physiology. every. single. class.
--the outfit i chose to run to the grocery store in. rainboots {no socks}, yoga pants, chad's shirt{size L}, texas sweatshirt, no makeup, no bra. don't know why i'm sharing this. it was a one time thing.
--oh sup ice two steps out the door at 7:30am. biffed it, cut open my hand, but was too preoccupied looking around to make sure nobody saw.  i think i was safe. 
--sprouting potatoes


awesome:
--my new immersion blender. smoothies mmmm.
--i finally learned to take blood pressure...........................................
--tomatoes and mozzarella. i have missed you.
--the sweet single dad washing car windows at 11pm at walmart in his business clothes to earn money.  asked us if we could afford the $5 we gave him without washing our windows and he was so grateful.  just about broke my heart. sometimes i wish i had a lot of money just so i could give it away.
--wednesday temple nights with heather, evan, and kamille
--pinterest, obviously.
--old navy's new spring line. bye bye birthday money.
--came home from class and chad had bought the beautiful "pinteresting" table i wanted!!
--grapefruit
--being a part of a program in which the main theme is "learning the healers art." i'm so excited to be a nurse, a career solely dedicated to service and emulating christ

6 comments:

Cheyenne said...

oh dear. First of all I love that you wrote a blog post, I keep waiting for them :) Second, I love that you are loving nursing. Third, the sweet window washing man literally just broke my heart. Fourth of all, I just love you!

Eleanor said...

I agree with everything Cheyenne just said. And I obviously fully support you with going out in public with no bra.

ali v. said...

these awkward + awesome posts are always so fun to find when I first stumble on a blog--it really gives a look at your hilarious personality. I love it! the slip on the ice and the addiction to pinterest are two things I understand all too well ;) hope you enjoyed your weekend! xoxo {av}

Unknown said...

I never wear a bra if I'm wearing a big sweatshirt. Don't feel bad! And yes I agree Pinterest is awesome :)


KatiesBliss.com

Emily Meyers said...

Hello! you have such a cute blog! I'm lds too:) I just added myself to your followers for support, and wanted to invite you to come follow my blog and be a part of a fun giveaway I’m having!
Hope to see you there! Thanks!

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/03/back-to-back-giveaways.html

his little lady said...

yay, love awkward and awesomes! these are all too fabulous. and nothing is worse than overhearing a very personal conversation in a public place. especially when someone is on the phone loudly talking. why people? why? ha
xo TJ